Saturday, March 31, 2007

Lazy Saturday night...


When I went to bed last night all I could think of was how I wanted today's workday to come to an end. It turned out to be a pretty great day. Work just flew by because it was so busy (yet relaxed), and the weather was gorgeous yet again. I got to have the 1 o'clock lunch break (which is the exciting lunch break ^_^), and I went out and got myself a yummy salad from my favourite Saturday lunch restaurant. It had ham and turkey and cheese and artichokes and capers. Mmmmm.

On my way out I realized that I had stupidly left the frozen shepherd's pie we were going to have for supper in the staff room freezer, so I had to stop and get a frozen pizza and veggies instead. It turned out well in the end. We both work on Saturdays and never feel like cooking when we get home. Saturdays usually mean frozen food or takeout.


As for my weekend crafty projects, I have already cut out pieces for one empire waist dress and two pale pink boat-neck tees. The dress is for my friend's birthday Blythe, so I used some of my brown floral print fabric. I know that sewing with this stuff is hell, I made my dolls a dress with it and it frays like crazy, but my friend really loves earth tones so I decided to bite the bullet and try sewing with it again. I am hoping that the pink material for the shirts will be easier to work with.

Although I should do some cleaning, I plan to spend most of tomorrow relaxing, walking, eating brunch at the pub, playing with my dolls and sewing. I think that my new Blythe is waiting for me at the pharmacy, so it should definitely be an exciting day.

No comments: