Friday, March 30, 2007

:D



Great day today as I just realized how much time off I'm going to have next week due to the Easter holiday. Although I will have to work Saturday, I have the rest of the long weekend and a seder to go to on Saturday night. I have never been to one before and I am very excited. The weather was wonderful today, sunny and mild. I feel so much better in the Spring when it's light outside until 6 or 7.

This weekend, which for me consists of Sunday and Monday, will be spent making Blythe clothes for a friend's birthday. She will be getting her very first Blythe, and I intend to make her a small "starter wardrobe." I hope I am not being too ambitious, but I want to make one or two little t-shirts with iron-ons, a little pair of jeans, an empire waist dress and a boat-neck top. I also wanted to crochet a little hat, but I am not sure if I will have the time. I just hate the thought of a new Blythe running around nude. :D Mike and I plan to go out for brunch at the pub on Sunday morning, after we sleep in a little. I have a package waiting for me at the pharmacy near there which I think might be my brand new "Feel the Sky" Blythe. Very exciting!

On Friday nights, those of us who are stuck working until 9 have a potluck during our supper break at 4. Although we only have a microwave we still manage to eat very well. Often we pick out a country and make its cuisine. Tonight, however, we had a spaghetti dinner with spaghetti squash in place of the noodles. We had garlic rolls and veggies and berries and yogurt with chocolate sauce for dessert. Yummy.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful and sunny weekend!

Current craft project: crocheted neck warmer--it's a Bernat pattern that I am working up in the pink camouflage yarn pictured here:
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=camouflage

I am not sure where you'd be hiding if you were wearing pink camouflage. Maybe a flowerbed?

Here's the pattern, too, if you're interested: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1979

No comments: